DescriptionRapid setting – use of rapid setting cement in the adhesive formula allows for rapid increase of adhesion and strength, especially during the initial setting (first 2-3 hours after tiles installation). This ability enables to foot traffic and grouting just after 2 hours after tiles installation. The adhesive is recommended also for quick repairs of the floor (e.g. on balcony, terrace etc.)
Wide range of adhesive thickness (2-15 mm) enables:
- thin-coat cladding installation on even substrates,
- thin-coat cladding installation on uneven substrates, preceded by substrate floating,
- thick-coat cladding installation on uneven substrates, with no need for substrate floating.
No cladding slip – enables installation of the cladding from top to bottom with no need of support at the fixing stage.
No shrinkage of the adhesive underneath the tile – no subsidence of the tiles during setting – works can be continued after a break with no risk of level difference.
Resistant to changing atmospheric conditions – allows for quick and safe works in various atmospheric conditions. Rapid strength gain by the adhesive limits possibility of damaging cladding during installation outside of the building.
The main parametersMixing ratio (water/dry mix): 0,24 ÷ 0,30 l / 1 kg, 6,0 ÷ 7,5 l / 25 kg
Min./max. adhesive thickness: 2 mm ÷ 15 mm
Open time*: min. 20 minutes
Adjustability time*: 10 minutes
Floor access*: after 2 h
Grouting**: after 2 h
Full operation load – foot traffic*: after 2-6 hours
Full operation load – vehicle traffic**: after 24 hours
Floor heating*: after 7 days
UNIQUE GEL TECHNOLOGYATLAS GEOFLEX EXPRESS contains the unique siliceous gel technology. The siliceous gel offers exceptional ability of water retention which ensures full cement hydration, regardless the cladding type in use.
Use of the siliceous gel technology allows for:
• fixing cladding of any type, both porous and low suction,
• optimum adaptation of the adhesive consistency to individual contractor’s preferences and actual needs resulting from particular use, by dosing water within a range much wider than in case of traditional adhesives,
• full adhesive spread underneath the tiles, which improves adhesion, particularly in case of outdoor use,
• safe cladding installation on substrates exposed to direct sunshine (if the temperature does not exceed 35°C), both during tiling and the adhesive setting.
The substrate should be:
• stable – sufficiently sound, resistant to deformation, free from materials which would impair adhesion, stabilized.
• even – maximum adhesive thickness is 15 mm, in case of larger irregularities use, e.g. ATLAS ZW 330 mortar, screeds ATLAS SMS, SAM, POSTAR.
• clean – free from layers which can impair adhesion, especially dust, dirt, lime, oils, greases, wax, residues of oil and emulsion paints. The substrate coated with algae, fungi, etc. must be cleaned and protected with ATLAS MYKOS no 1 or ATLAS MYKOS PLUS agent.
• primed with:
- ATLAS UNI-GRUNT or ATLAS UNI-GRUNT PLUS – substrates of excessive or heterogenous absorptiveness,
- ATLAS GRUNTO-PLAST – if the substrate absorptivity is low, or it is coated with layers limiting the adhesion.
- ATLAS ULTRAGRUNT - if the tiles are installed on a critical substrates.
• damp proofed - in case of installation of the tiles in areas exposed to the water or dampness:
- ATLAS WODER E - possible cladding installation after 2 hours for lightweight type damp proofing and 4 hours for heavy type damp proofing,
- ATLAS WODER W, ATLAS WODER S - possible cladding installation after 24 hours,
- ATLAS WODER DUO - possible cladding installation after 12 hours,
- ATLAS WODER DUO EXPRESS - possible cladding installation after 3 hours.
Pour the adhesive from the bag into a container with the suitable amount of water (see Technical Data for ratio) and mix, using a low speed mixer with a drill for mortars, until homogenous. The adhesive should be left for 5 minutes and then remixed. So prepared adhesive should be used up within the time shown in TECHNICAL DATA table.
It is advised to rub a thin adhesive coat first and then apply the thicker coat and shape it with a notched trowel. It is recommended to lead a notched trowel in one direction. On walls, it is recommended to shape the adhesive in vertical direction.
After the application, the adhesive retains its properties for ca. 20 minutes (in temperature approx. 23 °C and 55 % humidity). Within this time, the tile must be placed and pressed well (the contact surface between the adhesive and the tile should be uniform and as large as possible – min. 2/3 of tile surface). In case of floor tiles or tiling outdoors it is advisable to keep the full bonding surface (use the mixed method consisting in application of the adhesive on the substrate and tile bottom side, if needed). Remove the excess of the adhesive pressed into the joints immediately. Keep the joint width appropriate for the tile size and operation conditions (check data in the sheets of ATLAS grouts).
The position of a tile can be adjusted with delicate moves along the bonding plane. It can be done within approximately 10 minutes since the tile is pressed (in temperature approx. 23 °C and 55 % humidity).
It is recommended to use ATLAS grouting mortars for cladding grouting. Foot traffic and grouting is possible just 2 hours after tiles installation. Expansion joints, joints along the wall corners, at sanitary equipment, etc. should be filled with sanitary silicone ATLAS SILTON S or ATLAS ARTIS