ATLAS GEOFLEX ULTRA - highly flexible deformable gel adhesive 2-15 mm (C2TE S1 type) 25kg
ATLAS ULTRA GEOFLEX recipe contains unique siliceous gel technology. The siliceous gel offers an exceptional ability for water retention. The gel fills pores formed at the stage of adhesive binding by the net of inorganic bonds. The accumulation of part of mixing water ensures full cement hydration, regardless of the cladding type in use. Owing to the appropriate water management, which is necessary for the binding process completion, gel adhesive assures perfect bonding to substrates of various absorptiveness level.
• for any type and size of tiles – ceramic, stone, glass, etc.
• for particularly difficult substrates: old tiles, terrazzo, plasterboards, OSB and damp proofing
• the widest range of use: on floor heating, terraces, in swimming pools
• no slip even in case of mega large cladding
• consumption: ca. 1.5 kg of dry mix / 1 m² / 1 mm adhesive layer
• adhesive thickness: 2 - 15 mm
• high bonding: ≥ 1 N/mm²
UNIQUE GEL TECHNOLOGY
ATLAS ULTRA GEOFLEX recipe contains unique siliceous gel technology. The siliceous gel offers exceptional ability of water retention. The gel fills pores formed at the stage of adhesive binding by the net of inorganic bonds. The accumulation of part of mixing water ensures full cement hydration, regardless the cladding type in use. Owing to the appropriate water management, which is necessary for the binding process completion, gel adhesive assures perfect bonding to substrates of various absorptiveness level.
The use of siliceous gel technology gives the advantages:
• possibility of fixing cladding of any type, both absorbable and non-absorbable,
• possibility of optimum adaptation of the adhesive consistency to individual contractor’s preferences and actual needs resulting from particular use, by dosing water within a range much wider than in case of traditional adhesives,
• full adhesive spreading beneath tiles, which improves adhesion and bond durability, particularly in case of outdoor use,
• safe cladding fixing on substrates exposed to direct sunlight, both during tiling and adhesive setting (e.g. on balconies, terraces, etc.).
ATLAS ULTRA GEOFLEX is manufactured as a dry mix of high-quality cement binder, aggregates and specially selected modifying agents: natural and synthetic.
Highly flexible – deformability S1 – compensates substrate deformation and internal stress.
Wide range of adhesive thickness (2-15 mm) enables:
- thin-coat cladding fixing on even substrates,
- thin-coat cladding fixing on uneven substrates, preceded by substrate floating,
- thick-coat cladding fixing on uneven substrates, with no need of substrate floating.
No slip of cladding made of tiles of any type, including large size and stone ones – enables fixing the cladding “from the top” with no need of support at the fixing stage.
Perfect stabilization of large size tiles (even > 1 m²) fixed on horizontal surfaces – tiles do not sink in the mortar layer.
Foot traffic and grouting just after 12 hours – owing to an accelerated process of adhesive setting and drying.
TYPE OF FIXED CLADDING POSSIBILITY OF USE
glazed tiles +
porcelain-gres tiles +
laminated porcelain-gres tiles +
natural stone cladding (granite, marble, travertine, syenite, etc.) application test required
marble/ natural stone cladding insusceptible to discolouration +
ceramic mosaic +
glass mosaic application test required
glass, coloured, printed tiles application test required,
check tiles manufacturer recommendations
concrete/ cement tiles +
composite panels +
insulation and acoustic panels +
*if in doubt conduct an application test and check tiles manufacturer’s guidelines.
SIZE OF FIXED ELEMENTS POSSIBILITY OF USE
small and medium size tiles (< 0.1 m²) +
large size tiles (< 0.25 m²) +
very large size tiles (> 0.25 m²)
slim type tiles
Fixing cladding on horizontal and vertical surfaces, indoors and outdoors.
BUILDING TYPE POSSIBILITY OF USE
public access, educational, healthcare, offices +
commercial and service +
industrial buildings and multi-storey garages +
industrial warehouses +
PLACE TYPE POSSIBILITY OF USE
surfaces of low traffic +
surfaces of moderate traffic +
surfaces of intensive traffic +
rooms of limited operational loads in any building type +
kitchen, bathroom, laundry, garage (in individual housing) +
terraces, balconies, loggia +
slab and beam stairs outdoors +
showers, washes, rooms washed with plenty of water +
communication routes (except of stairs outdoors) +
façades (incl. ETICS systems) +
cladding on plinths +
technological tanks, pools, fountains, jacuzzi, balneotechnology (with no aggressive chemicals in use +
showers, washes, rooms washed with plenty of water
SUBSTRATE TYPE - STANDARD POSSIBILITY OF USE
cement screeds and floors +
anhydrite screeds +
cement, cement-lime plasters +
gypsum plasters +
walls made of cellular concrete +
walls made of silicate brick or hollow blocks +
walls made of ceramic brick or hollow blocks +
walls made of gypsum blocks
SUBSTRATE TYPE – DEFORMABLE, SO-CALLED DIFFICULT POSSIBILITY OF USE
magnesium substrates +
mastic asphalt screeds +
dry substrates made of gypsum boards +
screeds (cement and anhydrite) with water and electric heating system embedded +
screeds with heating mats embedded in the adhesive +
plasters with wall heating system +
gypsum-fibre boards +
cement-fibre boards +
existing ceramic and stone cladding (“tile on tile”) +
concrete resin lacquers bonded to the substrate +
dispersion, oil paints bonded to the substrate +
wooden floors (thick. > 25 mm) +
mineral, dispersion and reactive sealing coats +
OSB/3 and OSB/4 and chipboards on floors (thick. >25 mm) +
OSB/3 and OSB/4 and chipboards on walls (thick. >18 mm) +
insulation and acoustic panels +
metal and steel surfaces
MASS BULK DENSITY (AFTER MIXING) 1.25 KG/M³
Mixing ratio (water/dry mix) 0.27 – 0.36 l / 1 kg
1.35 - 1.80 l / 5 kg
6.75 - 9.00 l / 25 kg
Min./max. adhesive thickness 2 mm / 15 mm
Adhesive preparation temperature, substrate
and ambient temperature during work from +5°C to +35°C
Maturing time 5 minutes
Pot life* approx. 4 hours
Open time* min. 30 minutes
Adjustability time* 20 minutes
Floor access/ grouting with cement grout* after 12 hours
Grouting with epoxy grout* after 48 hours
Full operation load – foot traffic* after 3 days
Full operation load – vehicle traffic* after 14 days
Full water load – pools/tanks* after 14 days
Floor heating (warm surface)* after 14 days
The time shown in the table is recommended for the application in the temperature 23°C and humidity 55% (approx.).
The product conforms to PN-EN 12004 + A1:2012 standard for C2TE S1 class adhesive. EC Declaration of Performance No. 194/CPR.
0767, 1614 PN-EN 12004 + A1:2012
(EN 12004:2007 + A1:2012)
Cement adhesive for tiles of enhanced parameters,
extended open time and reduced slip, deformable
C2TE S1 type for indoor and outdoor use,
for walls and floors
Reaction to fire – class A1/A1fl
- initial bonding ≥ 1.0 N/mm²
Durability - bonding after:
- heat exposure
- immersion in water
- freeze-thaw cycles ≥ 1.0 N/mm²
≥ 1.0 N/mm²
≥ 1.0 N/mm²
Release/content of hazardous substances See: Safety Data Sheet
The product has been given the Radiation Hygiene Certificate.
The substrate should be:
• stable – sufficiently sound, resistant to deformation, free from materials which would impair adhesion, stabilized.
• even – maximum adhesive thickness is 15 mm, in case of larger irregularities use, e.g. ATLAS ZW 50 or ATLAS ZW 330 mortar, screeds ATLAS SMS, SAM, POSTAR.
• clean – free from layers which can impair adhesion, especially dust, dirt, lime, oils, greases, wax, residues of oil and emulsion paints. The substrate coated with algae, fungi, etc. must be cleaned and protected with ATLAS MYKOS agent.
• primed with:
- ATLAS UNI-GRUNT or ATLAS UNI-GRUNT PLUS – substrates of excessive or heterogenous absorptiveness,
- ATLAS GRUNTO-PLAST – if the substrate absorptivity is low, or it is coated with layers limiting the adhesion.
Detailed guidelines concerning the substrate preparation, depending on its type.
SUBSTRATE TYPE PREPARATION
Fresh cement screeds ATLAS POSTAR 80, ATLAS SMS 15 or ATLAS SMS 30 Stabilized min. 24 hours; optimum moisture content < 4% by weight.
Fresh cement screeds ATLAS POSTAR 20 Stabilized min. 5 days; optimum moisture content < 4% by weight.
Other cement screeds Stabilized min. 28 days; optimum moisture content < 4% by weight. Prime with ATLAS UNI-GRUNT or ATLAS UNI-GRUNT PLUS.
Anhydrite screeds ATLAS SAM 55, ATLAS SAM 100, ATLAS SAM 150, ATLAS SAM 200 and ATLAS SAM 500 Stabilized min. 2-3 weeks; optimum moisture content < 0.5% by weight. Prime with ATLAS UNI-GRUNT or ATLAS UNI-GRUNT PLUS. If, white surface tarnish forms during drying, it should be removed mechanically (grinded) and the surface dusted. Screed grinding accelerates the drying time.
Cement and anhydrite screeds on floor heating Appropriately heated and primed with ATLAS UNI-GRUNT or ATLAS UNI-GRUNT PLUS.
Terrazzo De-grease the surface thoroughly, in case of waxed terrazzo remove the top layer or whole layer and apply a new one.
Walls made of silicate or ceramic bricks and hollow blocks, cellular concrete Leveling coat required (plaster). Direct fixing upon rough wall is possible in case of substrate appropriate dimensional tolerance. In such case it is necessary to execute full joint wall (or re-fill the joints) and repair any gaps or irregularities with ready-to-use mortars.
Prime with ATLAS UNI-GRUNT.
Cement and cement-lime plasters made of ready ATLAS mortars Stabilized min. 3 days* for each 10 mm of thickness; optimum moisture content < 4% by weight.
Other cement and cement-lime plasters Stabilized min. 7 days*. Prime with ATLAS UNI-GRUNT.
Gypsum plasters Prime with ATLAS UNI-GRUNT. If the gypsum plaster is applied in a wet room it should be protected thoroughly against moisture. If damp has the form of short term action or average water splash, then the plaster should be coated with a preparation improving resistance against damp penetration, e.g. ATLAS GRUNTO-PLAST. In environment more subject to damp it is necessary to apply a watertight coating, e.g. ATLAS WODER E.
Substrates leveled with ATLAS ZW 330 mortar Stabilized min. 5 h for layer thickness 5 mm.
Stabilized min. 10 h for layer thickness 10 mm.
Stabilized min. 20 h for layer thickness 20 mm.
Stabilized min. 48 h for layer thickness above 20 mm.
Substrates leveled with ATLAS ZW 50 mortar Stabilized min. 12 h for layer thickness 5 mm.
Stabilized min. 24 h for layer thickness 10 mm.
Stabilized min. 72 h for layer thickness 20 mm.
Concrete Stabilized min. 21 days; optimum moisture content < 4% by weight. Remove remains of formwork oils and other substances which would impair adhesion obligatorily. Holes, cracks and other gaps should be filled with ATLAS BETONER system mortars.
Concrete water reservoirs, technological tanks, pool basins, made of watertight concrete Grinding, sanding or wet sanding required in order to open the surface pores.
Water reservoirs, pool basins, wading pools, etc., surfaces proofed with elastic mortars or liquid foils If required, clean the waterproofing coat delicately, make sure it’s not damaged.
Oil paints and resin lacquers coatings Coatings of poor bonding to the substrate should be mechanically removed. Stable, well bonded coatings: grind, dust; prime oil coatings with ATLAS GRUNTO-PLAST. Gypsum fillers which the substrate used to be evened with should be removed.
Mastic asphalt screeds (thickened by rolling) and magnesium substrates Sanding required.
OSB boards and wooden floors – the layer composition should be designed and executed in the way excluding the possibility of deformation, which may lead to the cladding damage. - check the boards type, on floors one may use boards OSB/3 and OSB/4 (acc. to PN-EN 300:2007), min. 25 mm thick, on walls – min. 18 mm thick,
- check the superstructure stability, the boards must not move under operation load; fix additional, stiffening boards layer, if needed,
- matt the surface with 40-60 sand paper,
- dust the surface,
- in order to improve the board protection against moisture and improve the bonding, apply the liquid foil ATLAS WODER W or ATLAS WODER E, alternatively use priming mass ATLAS GRUNTO-PLAST in order to improve the bonding.
Floors made of timber (thick. > 25 mm), OSB or chipboards (thick. > 22 mm) Grinding, dusting, priming with ATLAS GRUNTO-PLAST required.
Existing ceramic or stone tiles (indoors only) - check the bonding to the substrate of the existing cladding by tapping; individual loosening tiles must be removed,
- clean and de-grease the existing tiles surface,
- matt glazed tiles with a diamond grinder,
- dust the surface
Metal and steel surfaces Cleaning and derusting required, prime with appropriate primer. Blind the freshly applied primer with dry quartz sand.
Plastic surfaces Cleaning, grinding and priming with ATLAS GRUNTO-PLAST required. Perform the bonding test prior to the cladding fixing in order to confirm the plastic substrate binding ability.
Insulation and acoustic panels In case of panels with base coat reinforced with mesh, substrate preparation is not required.
*The time shown in the table is recommended for the application in the temperature 20°C and humidity 55% (approx.).
Pour the adhesive from the bag into a container with the suitable amount of water (see Technical Data for ratio) and mix, using a low speed mixer with a drill for mortars, until homogenous. The dispersed adhesive should be left to rest for 5 minutes and then remixed. So prepared adhesive should be used up within approx. 4 hours.
The adhesive should be applied onto the surface with a steel trowel and then distributed evenly and shaped (possibly in one direction) with a notched trowel. It is advisable to rub a thin adhesive coat first and then apply the thicker coat and shape it with a notched trowel. It is recommended to lead a notched trowel in one direction. On walls, it’s recommended to shape the adhesive in vertical direction.
Placing the tiles
After the application, the adhesive retains its properties for approx. 30 minutes (in temperature approx. 23 °C and 55 % humidity). Within this time, the tile must be placed and pressed well (the contact surface between the adhesive and the tile should be uniform and as large as possible – min. 2/3 of tile surface). Remove the excess of the adhesive pressed into the joints immediately.
In case of floor tiles, tiling outdoors and large size tiles fixing, it is advisable to keep the full bonding surface (use the mixed method consisting in application of the adhesive on the substrate and tile bottom side, if needed). Keep the joint width appropriate for the tile size and operation conditions (check data in the sheets of ATLAS grouts).
The position of a tile can be adjusted with delicate moves along the bonding plane. It can be done within approximately 20 minutes since the tile is pressed (in temperature approx. 23 °C and 55 % humidity).
Grouting and cladding use
Foot traffic and grouting can start after:
- approx. 12 hours since the tiles fixing for ATLAS GROUT, ATLAS ARTIS GROUT, ATLAS DECORATIVE GROUT.
- approx. 48 hours since the tiles fixing for ATLAS EPOXY GROUT.
The mortar reaches the operational strength after 3 days (check the Technical Data). Expansion joints, joints along the wall corners, at sanitary equipment, etc. should be filled with sanitary silicone ATLAS SILTON S or ATLAS ARTIS.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• The adhesive spreadability beneath a tile is reached when using the upper mixing ratio, i.e. approx. 0.36 l with 1 kg of dry mix. No slip is reached when using the lowest mixing ratio, i.e. 0.27 l with 1 kg of dry mix.
• The time of technological breaks, product technical parameters, etc. refer to standard setting conditions, i.e. in temperature +23°C (+/- 2°C) and 55% humidity (+/- 5%), substrates defined in PN-EN 1323 standard and tiles in PN-EN 176 standard. In other thermal and humidity conditions the time indicated may vary.
• The tiles must not be soaked before fixing. When determining the adhesive thickness under the cladding, one should consider the geometric deviation of tiles shape, e.g. plane warpage. Tiles subject to discolouration in contact with grey cement should be applied with the use of adhesives based on white cement binder.
• Conduct test application prior to natural stone tiles or glass elements or fixing – apply a single tile. Keep the 60% bonding surface (leave 40% of tile with no contact with adhesive). Check the tile appearance after 2-3 days. The test is passed when there is no difference of shade of tile surface in contact and not in contact with adhesive.
• Open time – from the moment of application of the adhesive to the moment of placing the tiles upon it – is limited. In order to check if it is still possible to fix tiles, performing a test is recommended. It consists in pressing your fingers against the adhesive. If the adhesive remains on the fingers, you may fix the tiles. If the fingers are clean, the old layer of the adhesive has to be removed and a new one applied.
• The tools must be cleaned with clean water directly after use. Difficult to remove residues of the set adhesive can be removed with the ATLAS SZOP agent.
• Contains cement. May cause respiratory irritation. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye damage. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid breathing dust. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/ eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. If skin irritation or a rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing. Follow the instructions of the Safety Data Sheet.
• The adhesive must be transported and stored in tightly sealed bags, in dry conditions (most preferably on pallets). Protect against humidity. Shelf life in conditions as specified is 12 months from the production date shown on the packaging. Shelf life of mortar packed in aluminum bags in conditions as specified is 24 months from the production date shown on the packaging. Content of soluble chromium (VI) in ready-to-use mix - ≤ 0.0002%.