Snow-white finish putty with excellent adhesive properties. Does not show any signs of shrinkage, dries quickly, does not crack even with thick layers (to 3 cm – with single cracks), easy to sand. When using this finish putty, walls and ceilings obtain ideally smooth and easy-to-paint surface.
It’s especially recommended for finishing and renovation works of interior premises, particularly to all-surface smoothening of walls and ceilings, jointing plaster cardboard panels by reinforced tape, levelling huge roughness and cracks on the surface of plasters, wooden panels, wood-based materials as well as levelling surfaces made of bricks and concrete. Thanks to the innovative formula it can be used as a topcoat without necessity to use ready-to-use finish putties.
ACRYL-PUTZ® ST10 START finish putty recipes are based on macromolecule fillers – their diameter is scarcely 63 micrometres. Thanks to this, the putty fills in cracks carefully as well as makes ideal ready-to-paint smooth surfaces.
ACRYL-PUTZ® ST10 START is manufactured on the basis of high-class gypsums which in connection with other ingredients constitute durable layers. The putty has excellent parameters – during testing crushing strengths estimated – 2.4Mpa and compressive strengths estimated 5.6Mpa!
- the substrate must be solid, dry, dust, grease, contamination free
- all steel elements coming into touch with the putty must have anticorrosive protection
- in order to reinforce the surface it is recommended to prime it with a deep penetrating primer
- smooth concrete surfaces are to be primed by PA 10 FOVEO TECH primer
- plasterboards must be fixed on walls or ceiling in accordance with assembly procedures
- estimated to use dry putty mass is to be put inside of a container with water, around 1 kg of dry mass for 0.3l of water and stirred continuously
- the content of the container must be stirred carefully by a low-speed stirrer until obtaining homogenous, easy-to-apply mass without lumps
- mixed putty mass must be stirred again after 5 minutes and applied by putty knife or stainless steel or plastic float or by hydrodynamic spraying
- mixed putty mass is applicable for about 1 hour
- each putty preparation must be performed by clean tools and containers
- single layer should amount to 1-3 mm
- do not use when the layer thickness does not exceed 1mm
- in the event of bigger single cracks it is allowed to apply single layers even of 3cm thickness
- dry surfaces are to be grinned by sandpaper, grinding sponge or net of 100/150 gradation, dedusted, primed and painted
Applying the putty mass to the joints of plasterboards
- mixed putty mass should be applied upon screws and joints by a putty knife
- application upon joints should be performed in such a way so that paper tape or mesh can be put upon the applied putty between the panels on a still wet surface
- the tape is to be put bulge to the walls so that the centre of its width runs along the joint
- by using the putty knife remove air bubbles under the tape by pressing it into new applied putty mass
- after the joints have dried, apply another layer of putty by using a wider putty knife